Contact us! 412-563-8800
March is National Nutrition Month!
From fighting fatigue to boosting your immune system, it’s important to eat well in order to live well. Your body needs fuel to stay strong and healthy.
Fueling your body with fresh, whole foods is one of the best health choices you can make. People who consume well-balanced diets have a lower risk of chronic diseases and infections. Once you begin viewing food as fuel, it is easier to choose foods packed full of nutrients instead of other choices that can weigh you down.
Eating healthy doesn’t need to be a stressful experience. Just remember that every hunger pang is an opportunity to add more nutrients to your body. Once you begin eating healthier foods that you enjoy, you might find that you feel better. Keep the following healthy food suggestions in mind as you fuel your health:
- Eat more fruits and vegetables.
- Choose whole grains over processed, white bread.
- Swap unhealthy snacks with healthier options like nuts or dried fruits.
- Eat a variety of protein sources such as poultry, fish, beans, or tofu.
- Limit your added sugar intake to no more than 6 teaspoons a day for women and 9 teaspoons for men.
Now more than ever, it is necessary to make healthy food choices that improve your immune system and make your body stronger. Health professionals are great sources of information when it comes to making healthy decisions for your body. Talk to your medical provider for nutritional support or before beginning a new diet.